Christmas is an exciting time of the year, especially for children.
 It can be a very difficult time for parents, however. If you are a parent in Blount County and need assistance for your child's Christmas, we would love to help you! However, there are a few guidelines.


1. You must be a Blount County resident and your children or grandchildren must attend a Blount              County school. Please provide a photo ID or other proof of residence for this

2. You will have to provide a social security card for each person living in the household.                          Unfortunately, we cannot accept birth certificates.

Additionally, you will need to provide proof of household income for everyone living in the household.

(Acceptable proof of income: Pay stub, a letter from Social Security, a bank statement, or document from the court showing the amount of child support you receive.)

3. If you are a grandparent(s) raising your grandchildren, we need proper documentation showing that you have legal custody.

4. You will need to provide a referral letter from the Blount County School that your child attends. It must be on school letterhead and signed by the counselor. This only applies to people with

school age children.


Please note - DHR takes care of all foster children for Christmas.

Children's Christmas Assistance

Reaching the Least, the Last, and the Lost

If you would like to apply to receive assistance in this program,

you may call and set up an appointment at 205-625-4673 ext 300

You may also download and print the request for assistance form,

if you wish to fill it out before coming in for  your appointment,

by clicking here.